For those who were live tweeting with me final night, you may have a slight inclination concerning what my prime jewellery looks on the night have been! The 2014 Oscars occurred last evening, in L. a. which yr all eyes have been on Lupita Nyong’o as she stepped out in a pale, icey blue Prada costume and decorated in Fred Leighton jewellery. I was thrilled to discover the star carrying an 18k yellow gold and diamond headband, something a bit strange…also as some vintage and antique rings from Fred Leighton. The kind of jewelry she wore is exactly what I want to check out extra of about the pink carpet! Her ring story was entertaining mainly because it included several different gemstones-pearls, diamonds, turquoise, opals-and spanned a number of jewellery time periods (1960s & late 1800s). She even wore a frog ring that was said to be a “family totem,” bringing her look to another winning level!
Other great Oscars jewelry appears to be bundled Naomi Watts wearing Bvlgari, Charlize Theron carrying Harry Winston, and Louise Roe in Chopard. I loved Naomi’s diamond necklace best engagement ringsand its spiderweb look-even felt which the crew neckline of her gown, plus a bib-like necklace is my latest favorite jewelry look. Charlize in diamonds can never be wrong, but this look was top-notch because in the “lariat style” it almost is like a Y-necklace. Louise in brown diamond earrings was a dream! Perfect for her skin-tone and I loved the style of them.
We can’t skip over Angelina Jolie’s amazing 42+ carat diamond earrings! The double bezel beauties ended up set in yellow gold from the Robert Procop Exceptional Jewels collection. When looking at the photo of the earrings alone, without knowing the carat weight they look like average earrings. Then when you actually see them on her, within the pink carpet they are huge! She is good at wearing some show-stopping earrings to purple carpet events!(Remember those emeralds?!)
And finally, my favorite ring stack from the night-because although I do love huge cocktail rings for red carpet, I also will always love a cool stack. That honor goes to Emma Watson! She is putting on Repossi rings and Jessica McCormack diamond stars in her hair! Love her whole look!
*Other notes from the night time:
1. Saw quite a number of pinky rings (big cocktail-like pinky rings) which is amazing
2. Freaked out over Nebraska star, June Squibb’s ring stacks but couldn’t find a close up anywhere! She wore some diamond and emerald rings that looked incredible!
3. I had been not feeling Jennifer Lawrence’s backward necklace mainly because she did that very last yr…it was such a huge statement then, and to do it twice? She did wear Neil Lane though, cheap promise ringswhich I love.
4. Lots of yellow gold was worn-even saw two similar style of rings on two unique stars. Yellow gold domed rings, each on Kristin Chenoweth & Amy Adams.
5. Can’t wait until next calendar year!